Monday 14 January 2013

Top Tips?

I am willing to give it a try


The OU are running a competition this month for students to give their top studying tip and it got me thinking.  As a relatively new student I'm not sure if I am yet qualified to give a top tip but I do know what works for me and what doesn't.  

Aside from the need to be able to study away from family life I have noticed something recently.  When discussing my essay topic (with anyone who will listen but typically The Guitarman), I usually come to some realisation or conclusion that I hadn't thought of before.   It seems that giving a verbal account of the topic helps me in some way that writing alone doesn't do.  I'm already an advocate for the tutorials (if you can manage to attend), which go some way towards this solution -  but I hadn't quite expected this development.  In all honesty I haven't even needed a response from the listener, it is more the fact that I am putting my thoughts in order so therefore, I suppose, I could be speaking to myself.  I haven't yet put this to the test but I am willing to give it a try. 

....So, my top tips:

  • Shut yourself away
  • Start talking to yourself

BREAKING NEWS......
 
MADWOMAN LIVING IN HERTFORDSHIRE SHED....LAST SEEN CLUTCHING AA100 BOOK 2 WITTERING ABOUT TRADITION AND DISSENT IN ENGLISH CHRISTIANITY....APPROACH WITH CAUTION... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Feedback is always appreciated!