Monday 28 January 2013

A Good Cup of Tea...


Well after all the brewing, I finally made a good cup of tea.  For the first time I am actually pleased with my mark.  Whilst there are still improvements to be made, I at least feel that I am on the right track.  
 
Now to tackle the next one.  In my opinion the fourth and current assignment is by far the hardest yet.  (This is not helped by the somewhat strange and seemingly misjudged order of the chapters.  I won't bore you with the details but I can't make up my mind if it's deliberate or an oversight on the part of the OU).  That obstacle aside there is also the ESSAY PLAN to contend with.  'Ahh well', I thought, 'it's going to be better this time, I have double the word count' - and then I read the question,  stared blankly at an empty piece of paper for a few hours which eventually turned into a few days.  After another day of trying to gather my thoughts and ideas on Tradition and Dissent in English Christianity, I tried the suggested mind maps -  the colour pens were called upon and a frenzy of cross referencing began. This technique definitely helped.    It's been mind maps galore in my little hideaway and finally, after much procrastination, I have produced a plan! I am sure the theory is that I have done the bulk of the hard work and now the essay will flow out of my mind and onto the page with ease...... I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Feedback is always appreciated!