Thursday 13 December 2012

Shed Envy?


Well it had to happen.  So envious is The Guitarman of my little hideaway that he wants one for himself, only his is going to be bigger (but not better in my opinion, nothing can match my tranquil little haven). 

The groundworks have been laid and the shed (second house) constructed.  The structure is currently being lined and prepared for wiring and soundproofing.  

Oh the joy, no more piles of paperwork cluttering up the house but more importantly no more STUFF!  Guitars and widgets and gadgets all evicted from the house and consigned to the studio/office.  The Lego like barricade of equipment will be taken down brick by brick and we will reclaim the room!  OK, so I had better not get too excited, it'll be ages yet before it's all finished, dry, warm and secure but ...... whoohooo

It is somewhat ironic that this  blog did not post when scheduled and in the interim I had a dream.  In the dream The Guitarman 'led me up the garden path' to view the 'shed' which was being worked on by an inordinate amount of helpers.  Impressed by the scale of the construction I went inside and discovered a reasonable space with a good amount of floor room.  To my surprise (and undetectable from outside) in true Tardis style, the room seemed bigger inside than out and even had a door leading to another room.  'Lovely', I exclaimed, 'you can have this room as your studio and that one will work perfectly as your office!'  'That's not all', said The Guitarman, 'follow me', as he grasped my hand and led me through yet another door.  I distinctly remember a feeling of rising anger as we went from room to increasing room, by the time we reached a bathroom I was practically apoplectic and to cap it off I came across some stairs!  Ultimately this 'shed' was a three storey wooden house with the finest state of the art bathroom fittings. - Err, now who is it that has shed envy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Feedback is always appreciated!