Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Grumpy Old Bag?


Well the WiFi euphoria soon wore off when I realised that connection in the hide-away is only sporadic and the booster that I have since purchased doesn't appear to work at all!  For some inexplicable reason I have connection as I type but for how long?......

Things have progressed since my last post.  The module website is open, I have had a letter and an email from my tutor and I have a list of my local tutorials over the coming months.  The tutor has suggested that I look at two specific areas of the first workbook before our meeting next week.  I feel relatively calm and very ready to begin.  In addition to this I have withdrawn from the unofficial module facebook group - at the risk of sounding like a grumpy old bag - I couldn't stand it anymore! Life's too short, too many books and not enough time.....  From now on I will rely on the official forums and groups which will hopefully stick to the relevant stuff.  If I make some friends along the way that's great but I don't need to take on other people's stresses and strains (particularly when most of the time they simply haven't read something properly).  OK so I do sound like a grumpy old bag - all I would advise is that it would be wise to weigh up the benefits and be selective in choosing which groups you join.


2 comments:

  1. Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I take it you are studying with the OU or thinking about it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Feedback is always appreciated!